About Me

My photo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal......

Monday 18 October 2010

Getting comfortable with frustration (the Axl Rose way)

Hey there! Keeping my promise to my two followers of a blog a day!

So two things in the movie world that caught my attention yesterday evening/this morning. The first item was concerning the Jackass franchise and the much anticipated release of the 3rd installment (which was produced in 3D I might add). This feature seems to have become the staple on which the film has been marketed; making it very clear to the audience that the 3D aspect has played a massive part in the film as opposed to simply being used to generate yet more income (Alice In Wonderland, I'm talking about you. You don't deserve your billion dollars) The remarkable thing is that, whilst understandably cinemas charge a more expensive ticket for a 3D showing; 'Jackass 3D' has managed to muster up a $50 MILLION opening weekend. That's right; $50 million dollars. That's the opening weekend of the original movies combined which represents an incredible for Johnny Knoxville's gang and proves that there is still a huge audience for being, well, plain stupid. I look forward to the November 5th UK release with great anticipation; review soon.

The second AWESOME piece of news comes after much controversy surrounding the studio's involvement and dealings with the greenlighting of the project itself. The film in question is the big screen adaptation of J.R.R Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' and frankly, I'm sure alot of you will have heard about the troubles surrounding the production. First it was due to film at the close of 2009 only to be pushed back until the end of 2010 for a 2011 release date and so on... You get the picture. Originally, director Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Blade II) was attached and was involved deeply within many aspects of the production, especially the location and screenplay. He has since left to much disappointment as fans were expecting a darker take on Tolkien's novel, similar to that of his own fairytale, 'Pan's Labyrinth'. Have no fear though LOTR/Hobbit fans; Mr Jackson has saved the day! YES! Production has FINALLY been confirmed for a 2011 start and the cast is shaping up nicely! Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis are back as Gandalf and Gollum respectively with the main rumour being Martin Freeman is set to play the covertered role of main Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins.
Check out more on this story with this link >> http://www.imdb.com/news/ni4979388/ - It's gonna be HUGE! =D

Now to music. Something that made me laugh. ALOT. I hope you will agree. Reports suggest that Justin Bieber is under investigation for the alleged assault on a 12 year old boy........during a game of Laser Tag. Yep; laser tag. I can't remember Laser Tag ever becoming a physical sport. Then again, whenever I play, I tend to turn into Arnold Schwarzennger from Predator or Commando, yelling "GET TO ZA CHOPPER!" and all the various quotes you could think of, so in that sense; I understand. However, I couldn't care less about this story; it's just the circumstances surrounding it. Lol at Justin Bieber quite frankly. Enjoy the ride mate; no one really ever liked you. =D http://www.imdb.com/news/ni4979190/

The biggest piece of music news yet. This one is HUGE. Like, literally, NUCLEAR EFFING WAR. The internet was sent to a frenzy of speculation last night after Duff McKagan rejoined the ranks of Guns N' Roses at the London O2 Arena for 4 songs, including You Could Be Mine. With the recent controversy surrounding GNR's appearances at the Reading & Leeds festival, this slab of news is very much in their favour. And apparently, they've sharpened their act up. Having attended Leeds festival and watched GNR myself, I can say that they definately we're not as bad as I thought but damn it, play the old songs we all love! I couldn't care less about Chinese Democracy. However, despite this, it begs a huge question: with Axl on familar terms with Izzy Stradlin, Duff and Steven Adler; do we have a reunion on our hands? Is Axl willing to do it? It's in the hands of the only remaining original member; Slash himself. Both have famously denied ever playing on a stage together again so will money talk? Who knows? In the meantime, it's great gossip and makes me feel a lot safer that one of my favourite 80's rock bands may still have some integrity. Read more here >> http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2010/10/guns_n_roses_set_for_2011_reun.html

Knowledge exhausted. Time for Dexter and Mad Men. I did promise to discuss Mad Men but I failed to watch it last night. I suck I know. Bad times. But still, it's on tonight fellas!

Ciao,

Tward

No comments:

Post a Comment